Fight Speeding Ticket

NMA Motorists Forum

Probable cause for traffic stop, analyzing police dash cam video

Probable cause for traffic stop, analyzing police dash cam video
January 27, 2009 09:39AM
I was arrested for DWI, and the reason I was pulled over was my license plate lights were allegedly not working. However the next day they were working and they have worked ever since then. The police officer that pulled me over and arrested me was some kid I went to high school with, and I'm convinced he is lying about my plate lights. My lawyer said the only way I can get out of the DWI is if the dash cam video shows that there was no probable cause for the traffic stop. The thing that worries me about this is I believe that it is going to be very hard to determine whether or not my license plate lights were working in the video because of the police cars bright head lights shining against the reflective plate and flashing blue lights. Does anyone know of a way to have the video analyzed? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Probable cause for traffic stop, analyzing police dash cam video
February 02, 2009 04:35PM
Yes, your atty should file for a motion for discovery. They have to release this, if he recorded it. They don't always. If he is local police, they don't have them. If it was state, they do. If so, and they can't produce one, there is your reasonable doubt. It doesn't sound like a lawful stop. Did you blow? Did you request an atty before blowing? Did they let you contact an atty? Were there any other witnesses that saw your working lights. If so, have them testify at the motions hearing to have the case dismissed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Welcome! » Log In » Register For New Account

Join National Motorists Association

© National Motorists Association